Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dreams coming True

Someone I know and love very much despairs from too many auditions and not one role on Broadway. This has been going on for almost two years. How is it that she was so successful attending a Performing Arts School from 4th through 12th grades, attended Acting Camps during summers, won a scholarship to La Jolla Playhouse Conservatory in San Diego - the summer before her senior year in high school, and was accepted into UCLA's School of Theatre, Film, and Television, and she struggles to get one role on Broadway? I know everyone in the Country who wants to do Theatre is in New York City: It is extremely competitive. But what makes one want to continue pursuing a life-long dream with these s depressing results? How does one turn this around? Each audition has the mindset of "I really want this job -- I really want this role." This artist I speak of isn't auditioning for A Chorus Line -- this person is auditioning for ANYTHING - including an understudy - all this human wants to do is go to work everyday on 42nd Street -- just wants to show up and do her "craft" - no stardom is involved - just plain, old-fashioned work on Broadway.       

No comments: